Author Topic: For Sale: Used Cotton Region shelters for local pickup  (Read 671 times)

Offline BluSky

For Sale: Used Cotton Region shelters for local pickup
« on: July 11, 2024, 04:00:29 PM »
I have two shelters to offer for pickup in northern Utah.  Although I have shipped many of these in the past I am no longer doing so.  These are in original but used condition, each with some moderate but repairable damage along with some cosmetic issues.  These two have been in covered storage since the mid 1990's.  I've been purchasing these for the last 30+ years and re-selling them to fruit growers who maintain mason bees to pollinate their orchards.  I'm asking $300 each, which is the same price that I sell them to growers.  They do not include stands.  These units are from the 1960's or early 1970's and were used by state and federal research agencies.  They are constructed from cypress wood I believe, except for the lower roof which is plywood.  They have their original whitewash coating.  One has some loose louver slats, a couple of which may need to be replaced.  One has a working lock and key while the other one does not.  Hopefully I've taken enough pictures to illustrate their general condition but am happy to provide more upon request.  With a little effort either of these could be completely restored to their original condition for historical purposes or for a working unit.  If there is enough interest I could probably round up several more of these to offer.  Thanks for looking.

anything