Author Topic: Problem rendering cities  (Read 796 times)

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Problem rendering cities
« on: August 14, 2024, 01:14:17 AM »
I've got an odd little gremlin that shows up occasionally that I can't iron out.
Sometimes my radar on my web site shows cities and no radar data but looki0ng at the radar image on the weather server it displays fine. And other times it shows radar fine but no cities. My radar and radar processing script is the latest version and in both cases it takes a restart of the GR3 program to rectify the problem.
Anyone else had a similar problem or am I once again the purveyor of odd problems :lol:

Thank You in advance!

https://www.smythweather.net/wxgr3radar.php

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: Problem rendering cities SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2024, 03:37:32 AM »
I think I have located the problem. I have to zoom in a little more than I would like but that seems to be the problem

Thank!!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
Re: Problem rendering cities
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2024, 09:29:24 AM »
Wayne,  You can change that behavior to suit your needs by playing with the values in the GIS settings. 
In Gr3 click on GIS => Settings => City Thresholds.   A little trial & error may be needed.  Good Luck!

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: Problem rendering cities
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2024, 01:28:11 AM »
Thanks for the reminder! I have modified it some for the other page setup I had been running but maybe I need a little more tweaking with the current templates. I was shooting for the lightning strike counter to show up on the page but I had to make some adjustments with the AH feed.  Thanks again for the suggestions. I don't do this every day so I'm rusty in some respects LOL

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217