Author Topic: Weatherlink won't update.  (Read 1155 times)

Offline DAVE Z

Weatherlink won't update.
« on: August 14, 2024, 11:49:29 PM »
I put together a website about 20 years ago using Weatherlink tags embedded in HTML.  Currently I am using the VP2 station and Weatherlink 6.0.4 software. A few days ago the software quit uploading. But overnight it resumed uploading. Today it quit again. I included a screen shot of the upload log and error messages. The same messages I got a few days ago. Weatherlink told me I need to use API? She said no one puts together their own website any more and I need to scrap my setup that has worked for decades. My webhost is Bluehost.com. They were clueless.  My website is Croftonweather.com    Where do I go from here?  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline R.Sidetrack

Re: Weatherlink won't update.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2024, 12:01:06 AM »
I see a number of "Disk full" messages.   

That may mean that your system has used up all the disk space that your host allocated you. I would expect that Bluehost would at least confirm if that is the case (or not).

If  it is a disk space issue, seems like one option would be to upgrade your disk allocation (AKA pay more money). Or delete some older files.
Graham

--- Variety of Ecowitt devices ---

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2024, 01:43:04 AM »
Yes would appear you may have run out of disk space? However you would need to check that and see what files/images uploading are simply overwritten/replaced and what might be increasing the storage.

Also this may or may not be related but WeatherLinkPC has an upper/maximum file limit of 299 .wlk files which is 24 years and 11 months and before any further .wlk files can be added then older one have to be deleted.

"She" maybe also a bit young to understand anything beyond the App syndrome :)   

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2024, 09:09:31 AM »
Hi,
Where do I go from here?
Maybe time to switch from WeatherlinkPC to CumulusMX ;)  Old WLK data can be imported.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2024, 08:54:10 PM »
I called my webhost. They said I have used 1.61 GB of 50 GB allocated. My WLK files go back to 2007. So I am OK on those two issues. I would like to know where that "552 disk full message" is generated. By weatherlink or my webhost?

Offline R.Sidetrack

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2024, 10:37:38 PM »
I don't have any experience with Weather link.

But "552 Disk full" can be an FTP error (Filezilla, perhaps). Curiously, take a look at this similar situation involving Bluehost:
https://superuser.com/questions/1736402/ftp-response-code-552-disk-full-on-upload

This one doesn't involve Bluehost, but the issue is similar: https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58401
Graham

--- Variety of Ecowitt devices ---

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2024, 11:18:51 PM »
Ok, I think we are getting somewhere. The problem is with Bluehost and the FTP transfer. Getting them to admit it will be another issue

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2024, 12:24:33 AM »
Yes would appear you may have run out of disk space? However you would need to check that and see what files/images uploading are simply overwritten/replaced and what might be increasing the storage.

Also this may or may not be related but WeatherLinkPC has an upper/maximum file limit of 299 .wlk files which is 24 years and 11 months and before any further .wlk files can be added then older one have to be deleted.

I never knew that WL had a limit on WLK files. I wonder why they would  do that? Anyways I am getting close at 20 plus years. Does it just stop making new files or does it overwrite old ones?

Offline casacota

• Observatori de Sant Martí de Canals
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2024, 05:42:26 AM »

Having four stations on the same installation has lead to this problem already. Switched to several instances of CumulusMX.

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2024, 09:07:06 PM »
My webhost has started allowing FTP uploads again. Out of the blue. No problems for almost a week. This isn't the first time Bluehost has refused my FTP uploads. They never accept responsibility.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2024, 09:42:40 PM »
@ocala, https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33937.msg346002#msg346002

@DAVE Z, that's great =D>
I've been helping a long term WeatherlinkPC user and turns out his webhost has stopped plain FTP upload in July https://my.kwic.com/~drrex/davis/dale.html and best I've learned is that that is the only FTP available in the WeatherlinkPC program.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2024, 02:30:16 PM »
My problem with the FTP upload corrected itself in August but three days ago I got the same message. I called Bluehost. They told me to change  my FTP upload HOST setting from "ftp.zavadil.org" to "51.88.256.153". Problem solved. (Note-the exact IP number is not listed to protect privacy)

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2024, 03:04:43 PM »
@ocala, https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33937.msg346002#msg346002

@DAVE Z, that's great =D>
I've been helping a long term WeatherlinkPC user and turns out his webhost has stopped plain FTP upload in July https://my.kwic.com/~drrex/davis/dale.html and best I've learned is that that is the only FTP available in the WeatherlinkPC program.

Enjoy,
Paul
Thanks Paul.
Just saw this.