Author Topic: Logia 7in 1 issue  (Read 339 times)

Offline Maldad

Logia 7in 1 issue
« on: October 02, 2024, 09:11:51 AM »
I bought a Logia 7 in 1 station a couple years ago and it’s been working great till a couple months ago when it started giving ther Er message for the outside station,but on.y after the sun went down. Changed batteries on the outside station and worked great for about a month and again it’s sending the Er message after sunset only. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline R.Sidetrack

• Contributor
Re: Logia 7in 1 issue
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2024, 09:46:47 AM »
I don't have any Logia equipment. It looks to me they are rebranding some else's product.

Most likely your system has a solar panel proving power during the daytime hours. The solar panel is probably also supposed to recharge a capacitor to provide power in darkness.  My guess is the capacitor or associated circuitry may have a problem.

My first choice would be  to contact Logia Support: https://logiaweatherstations.com/pages/contact-us
. . . and see what they say. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a practical solution (other than to buy another product), but you have nothing to lose by trying.

If you get no satisfaction there is some possibility that you might be able to diagnose/replace the capacitor yourself if you are willing to experiment at the risk of further damaging the unit.  But first see what Logia says.

One option that might fit your situation would be to leave the failed capacitor in place and just provide "wired" power to the unit (essentially bypassing the batteries).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2024, 09:54:57 AM by R.Sidetrack »
Graham

--- Variety of Ecowitt devices ---

Offline Maldad

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2024, 10:11:31 AM »
Just sent a message to Logia,waiting for a response. How would a wired power source work,and where would I get one?

Offline R.Sidetrack

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2024, 10:23:45 AM »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2024, 10:27:45 AM by R.Sidetrack »
Graham

Offline Maldad

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2024, 10:32:45 AM »
It takes 3 AA batteries. Where it is on my deck it wouldn’t be much of an issue to run a power cord to it. Sure sounds like the easiest way to fix the issue.

Offline R.Sidetrack

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2024, 10:57:19 AM »
3 AA batteries nominally total 4.5 volts, so essentially that is USB voltage. So you might be able to "roll your own" with a spare USB wallwart and cord. Cut off the end that would plug into the device you would recharge. Find a way to hold the wire ends in place in the battery compartment. A short piece of wood dowel similar in size to an AA battery could work.
Graham

Offline Maldad

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2024, 11:15:41 AM »
I actually just finished watching a YouTube video on using a small dowel same size as the battery and screws on each end for connection. Checked on Amazon and only $15 for an AA 4.5v unit. If it was more expensive I’d probably just make my own like you described. Thanks for the help,greatly appreciated!

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2024, 12:47:51 PM »
Is there a solar panel or is this the model without one? It could be the thermo/hygro sensor is bad, as that can cause battery drain.

Offline Maldad

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2024, 01:50:18 PM »
There is a small solar panel,approximately 3” X 3/4”.